Townhall: John Hawkins examines the non-political differences between liberals & conservatives. This is a great look at conservatives vs liberals, to understand both sides hopefully will make communicating easier. Or at least understanding that communicating may simply be that impossible?
After I looked over this article I found a common thread to what John Hawkins has observed, Liberals are children in adult bodies. Think of a child, around age say 5… they can only think of things according to now, and their own selves, they need constant reassurance and stroking, if they don’t get what they want, when they want it.. they have a tantrum. This is why there is so much liberal control of the media.. it fits, it is an instant gratification outlet, it allows them to focus attention on their own selves and be heard.
I think I have the key to talking to a liberal… we need to view them as a 5-year-old. We need to keep the conversation short so we don’t lose their attention. We need to keep them entertained during the conversation. We need to speak to them in a soft, cuddly voice, and find a way to compliment them. Also a lollipop or some reward will be required.
Here are some highlights:
- Conservatives: more patriotic & see more positive things about America.
- Liberals: have a negative view on America, focusing negative things (like slavery, eco-stuff, etc).
Communicating with the other side:
Charles Krauthammer once said, To understand the workings of American politics, you have to understand this fundamental law: Conservatives think liberals are stupid. Liberals think conservatives are evil
- Conservatives (viewing liberals as too stupid) try to explain things better.
- Liberals attack Conservatives, and lie, to try to get their point across.
Emotional Age Matters:
- Conservatives: Results driven (mature)
- Liberals: Touchy-Feely, instant-gratification, “make me feel good” (John notes “childlike emotionalism” which is a perfect description, since when Liberals don’t get their way they have tantrums.)
Following Rules or Make it up as you go along?
- Conservatives: Care about the Constitution, and wish to interpret & follow it.
- Liberals: Believe in a “Living Constitution”, do what you want then find a way to legally justify it later.
Feminism and political positions..
- Liberals: attack conservative women, they feel they can since they “own” the feminist label.
- Conservatives: Interesting when you look at a Conservative woman, she is everything a Liberal woman wishes she could be.. strong, smart, independent.. (naturally this is why Liberals resort to such attacks, very school-yard behavior & mentality).
- Conservatives: They love their country, and have person responsibility.
- Liberals: prefer to gripe, & hate this country.
- Conservatives: follow their religion strongly.
- Liberals: typically choose to alter religion to suit them.